We are committed to your academic success
Our Undergraduate Student Services team is here to support you. Whether you need academic assistance or if you’re having difficulty juggling the demands of coursework and/or campus life.
We are here to help. Make an appointment today.
The College of Health Sciences is committed to providing its undergraduates with a world-class education that helps them become strong and committed leaders, critical and analytical thinkers, and active and engaged citizens in a global community. Students are focused on applying the knowledge they gain in the classroom to leadership roles in health and clinical education, research, and service.
Undergraduates in the College of Health Sciences are exposed to a rich array of classroom, laboratory, and experiential learning opportunities, including undergraduate research, study abroad, and service learning. All of these programs engage students in unique ways, offering them hands-on experience, exposing them to the needs of the larger society, connecting what they learn in the classroom to real-world conditions, and providing them with insights into cultures throughout the world.
Our undergraduates can choose from the following majors:
School of Nursing
- Three pathways to earn a B.S.N. in nursing: traditional, accelerated, and B.S.N. for the registered nurse; all programs focus on development of knowledge, understanding, and skills essential for the practice of nursing.
Department of Behavioral Health & Nutrition
- Applied Nutrition: Study of nutrition that can be combined with another area of study.
- Dietetics: Academic preparation to become a registered dietitian or dietetic technician, registered.
- Nutritional Sciences: Strong science component, designed for students pursuing an advanced degree.
- Health Behavior Science: Individual and community-based behavior change programming, health psychology, and fitness and recreation.
Department of Kinesiology & Applied Physiology
- Exercise Science: Strong background in biological and physical sciences to prepare students for professional or graduate programs; offering a major and an optional concentration in Medical Scholars.
Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Medical Laboratory Science: Related to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disease through the understanding, application, and performance of clinical laboratory analyses.
- Medical Diagnostics: Clinical-oriented science program that incorporates the basic science courses required for admission to medical school with medical-related courses that impact on the diagnosis and therapy of disease.
- Also offering a Pre-PA concentration.
Health Sciences - Occupational Therapy
Cooperative agreement between University of Delaware and Jefferson College of Health Professions of Thomas Jefferson University (TJU) leading to a Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES