STAR HEALTH SCIENCES STUDENT ASSISTANT NEEDED
Student position assisting at the Health Sciences Complex on the STAR Campus, providing support for a variety of CHS Dean’s Office activities ranging from ad hoc projects and event support to reception assistance and pipeline program help. Students will have opportunities to interact with those across the College and University, community members, and collaborative clinical institutions involved in regional health initiatives. Job involves high degree of responsibility and professionalism. Under general supervision, will assist with a range of duties which may include:
- Organization, tracking, and follow through on new or ongoing projects.
- Document creation, including researching and providing background information as requested.
- Assisting with events, including tracking responses, collating contact lists, coordinating logistics and details, assisting with set-up/take down, and providing on-site A/V support.
- Answering general inquiries, directing to clinics, labs, and offices as needed, and otherwise assisting as needed in a professional and proactive manner – whether by phone, email, or in person.
- Assisting patients/visitors with entrance to/exit from the building.
- Assisting with maintenance of meeting and public spaces. This may include moving chairs or rolling tables and/or coordination of equipment.
- Supporting chief business officer through report and document creation and filing.
- Assisting director of computing solutions with a range of tasks including performing inventory and pc maintenance task per defined policy and procedures.
- Supporting pipeline coordinator with summer camp preparations, document creation, or other tasks.
- Assisting with other special projects, as needed.
- Professional interpersonal skills and the ability to be proactively responsive to needs as they arise.
- Ability to organize and prioritize to complete duties in an efficient and timely manner, prior to deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Professional demeanor, ability to be proactive in responding to projects or needs and to go the extra mile in completing projects.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other office applications.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Multiple positions available.
- 7-10 hours/week
- Location: STAR Health Sciences Complex (South Campus)
- Office hours are 8:00am – 5:00pm. Evening and weekend hours may be offered for event support.
- Positions are for Fall/Winter/Spring 2018.
TO APPLY: Email Gina Porter (firstname.lastname@example.org) with resume and cover letter. She will then set up a time for the interview.