A free six-session diabetes self-management workshop was held June 30 through Aug. 4 at the University of Delaware’s STAR Health Sciences Complex.
Meetings were held each Thursday from 5:30 to 8 p.m. in Suite 113, located off of the atrium.
The workshop help participants:
- Prevent and/or delay health complications;
- Improve their hemoglobin A1C (average blood sugar reading);
- Make better food choices and lose weight;
- Better control their glucose levels through exercise and stress management; and
- Improve their ability to communicate with their health care providers.
To find out more, or to register for the next series of workshops, contact Kirsten Morris at Kirsty@udel.edu or call 302-831-6136.
The workshop is presented by the Delaware Diabetes Self-Management Program (DSMP).