Newark’s healthiest meals
STAR Health invites you to The Nutritious Newark Cook-Off. Local restaurants will create some delicious, healthy dishes; we need you to vote to decide the winners. Last year’s winning restaurants included Home Grown Café (Most Creative), Santa Fe Mexican Grill (Best Presentation) and, the grand prize winner, The Bistro at Courtyard Marriott (The Tastiest Food in Newark). Come see if they can defend their titles as they compete against the best of Newark.
Guests can also tour the clinics and research labs of the STAR Health Sciences Complex. Learn about the comprehensive healthcare services and health sciences research studies offered by STAR Health — all open to the community.
Pre-registrants are entered to win prizes, including nutrition, fitness and wellness packages. Registration is limited to the first 500 people. The cost is $5 for a single ticket and $7 for a pair; admittance is free for ages 12 and younger. YouDee and Baby Blue will be in the building from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
If you have questions, please contact Lizzie Mancini at 302-831-3882.
Don’t give up on that New Year’s resolution!
- Learn how health coaching can help you better adhere to your personal health and wellness goals.
- Meet our registered dietitian nutritionists, who can work with you to develop an individualized meal plan.
- Whether you’re looking to start or improve a physical activity routine, our clinical exercise physiologists can help you prevent or manage cholesterol, weight control, stress, diabetes and much more.
You could win!
- Fitness Package – Fitbit Charge + Beats by Dre Solo2 wireless headphones + 3 STAR Health exercise counseling sessions + local gym membership for a month
- Nutrition Package – NutriBullet Pro + Newark Natural Foods gift certificate + 1 STAR Health nutrition counseling session
- Wellness Package – 1 month membership to local yoga studio + 1 STAR Health health coaching session + 1 STAR Health exercise counseling session + Barnes and Noble gift card
- UD Package – University of Delaware Blue Hens gear
A new direction in healthcare.
STAR Health is the public-facing healthcare entity of the University of Delaware College of Health Sciences, where combining research and education leads us to a new direction in healthcare. Comprehensive clinical services are open to the public, including primary care, nutrition counseling, exercise counseling, health coaching, physical therapy and speech-language-hearing services.